OUR PURPOSE: “Next Gen PFMA serves its members by advocating for better nutritional choices for pets and their owners and by supporting companies that (a) produce and/or sell pet food that is biologically appropriate, (b) employ Good Manufacturing Practices and (c) operate in an ethical and responsible manner.”
Our members are passionately committed to providing pet parents with pet food options that go beyond what is typically represented on the grocery aisle.
Among our diverse roster of members:
- 50% make a human grade pet food
- 52% make a raw pet food
- 52% make a cooked food for pets
- 26% sell via mail order
- 13% are direct-to-consumer delivery
- 35% are regional companies
- 65% are national companies
- 8% make a dehydrated pet food
- 8% make freeze dried pet food
- Growing membership of small, independent retailers who carry and support these manufacturers.
Next Generation Pet Food Manufacturing Association was created to come alongside the 2% of smaller pet food manufacturers who are using only real food ingredients . . . those who have previously navigated regulations, lawsuits and recalls alone. Not anymore. And we’re just in time.
A) Some of our members…
B) Retailers who Support our manufacturers…